Question
Posted by: Nonosi | 2006/07/17

C Section

What sort of things determine that one would have to have a c-section? How big should a baby be for a doctor to say it is too big for normal birht and whatelse with the mother?

It depends whetehr or not you have had a normal birth before. If you have had a previous caesarean, then the baby should be less than 4kg and there should be no other complications to the pregnancy.

2
Posted by: Lisa | 2006/07/17

I had a 3.8 kg baby and she was delivered naturally. It also depends on the size of your hips and your weight. If you put on too much you might have to have a cs. I was told to only put on 12 but went up to 22 kg and still had a natural birth.

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: KHANYO | 2006/07/17

I dont think its about a big baby,yes it can be that but in my case i gave birth to very tiny baby but i coudnt and doc said its fital disstress.My point is it can be different reasons,if the reason is that of a big baby,i suppose the baby should be 4kg.good luck

Reply to KHANYO