Question
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/05

C section

My friend found out that she is between 3-5 weeks pregnant. She asked for some advice.

a) where do they cut you if you have a c-section?
b) how big is the cut?

P.S. Question for me: how many women die during pregnancy? THat's my biggest fear when I fall pregnant one day.

Thanks for your help!

Ciska,
a. They cut below the bikini line
b. It is about 10cm long
I don’t have the latest figures at my disposal, but very few women die during pregnancy. Poor people in rural areas are at the greatest risk as they can’t get to specialist care soon enough. As this is probably not the case with you, you have very little to be worried about. Good luck.

2
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/05

Dear Jane,

THanks for your help. I really appreciate it!

Reply to ciska
Posted by: Jane | 2004/01/05

There used to be two kinds of cuts, not sure what the one is called which they normally performed in Government hospitals -From belly button down to just above the bladder - don't know if they still do that one; and then "my favourite" the bikini cut - above the bladder from left pelvic bone to other.- not really that big. If you wear a bikini nobody will ever know you had a c section.
good luck to your friend.

Reply to Jane