Question
Posted by: new | 2004/11/11

C-sec or Normal

I am 30 weeks and 6days 2day, yestarday when I was discussing my birth option with my Gynae he told me it is possible to remove the stich they put on the cervix and have a normal delivery.

Should I just opt for C-sec and avoid that procedure as he told me that my placenta has moved to a normal position(previously down). What he is planning is that they take the sticthes and monitor if the cervix is openning if not they will go for C-sec.

Has anyone heard of this procedure or will I be the first one to undergo this? The radiologist told me that most doctors avoid normal birth after the shiroky(spelling) sticth.

Once you are close to term, the danger of preterm labour is no longer thee, so the stitch can be removed. There is then no reason not to have a normal birth.