Question
Posted by: M | 2008/01/18

Bypass

Hi Doc, I had a Smallbowl rection in Sept 2007, lost 8kg in the first 2 months and NOTHING since. I am morbid obese and this op. was such a big step - and now this. I am so depressed...

Any advice?

Dear M
I trust that you are under the care of a health team consisting of your surgeon, a dietitian and a psychologist? If not, please do consult a clinical dietitian. Visit the website of the Association for Dietetics in SA at www.adsa.org.za and click on 'Find a Dietitian' to find a dietitian near you. You must be under the care of a dietitian who will assist you with the correct diet to promote weight loss so that this operation is not in vain.

3
Posted by: TUMELO | 2008/01/19

Hi there DiDI,

I had mine done in Alberton, Clinton Hospital, and is so expensive.already I've spent close to R90 000.00. seeing all this dr's, dietician, physician, biokinetic, etc. oh gosh but I don't regret it at all.

You can phone & discuss this with him he is such a wonderful person. I've done R& Y through laproscopy and I stayed in hospital for 4 days. I think you've been there and you know the feeling is not easy especially the first 2 days and the diet that they put you on (is disgusting)

But all that is behind me now I can eat whatever I like but a little, I can't eat more than four spoons of food at once. I exercise and I drink lot of water (2-3litres a day) because am always thirsty.

Please let me know what you've decided. I will give you my email and we can chat more.

Good Luck

Reply to TUMELO
Posted by: DIDI | 2008/01/19

WHERE DID YOU HAVE YOUR OP DONE?

Reply to DIDI
Posted by: Tumelo | 2008/01/18

Hi there,

I think you should go back to your dr. I had gastric bypass in October and I've already lost 19kg and am still loosing. Apparently after the bypass this can happen so it differ from one person to another.

Are you following your diet? because if not then obviously that's the problem. But my friend go back to your dr.

I know that this are two different op but u should have lost more than that.

Reply to Tumelo