Question
Posted by: Riana | 2006/07/21

Buzz, CS:Things can only go better now!

Dear Buzz and CS

Things did not look that well last night after I left the hospital. She was throwing up some blood and was short of breath. Thank goodness she is in hospital.

Hubby was suppose to leave for Italy today, but he postponed the journey to be with me. I wish so he would go! Just leave me. I need some time alone. But I guess that’s why he love me so much, he can handle my moods and my perseverance. Poor man.

The hospital phoned and asked me not to come in today. She has to go through some tests, and with me being there it will make it difficult for them to proceed in the task they need to do.

The doc said that she did not sleep at all last night. She just stared at the ceiling. As you know it is winter, but she pulled off the blankets from her. Just lying there on the bed.

I asked him what can be the reason for all this. Maybe depression? He replied by asking me if I have seen the bruises on her tiny body. I agreed and he then asked me if I knew who did it. I couldn’t say, since I have no idea who might be hurting my child.

It could be depression I think, but about what? She does well. Her average is 87%. She have a fantastic future, she have all the tings in the world she needs. All the love, attention, affection, name them, shes got it!

I myself could not sleep last night. I saw her face and her questioning eyes everytime I closed mine.

She is in good hands. I think things can only just go better now.

Thank you for caring so much. Im not prepared to face people right now, I would rather come here for comfort.

Thank you for allowing me to confide in you, it very much appreciated.

Riana

Still a worrying situation, Riana ; and just as well she is in the hospital and being thoroughly tested. The bruises are really worrying. There is the possibility that they might be self-inflicted ; and is there any possibility that anyone else may have been physically abusing her ?
Keep in touch

6
Posted by: ?? | 2006/07/21

there is no hospital in this world that can keep you away from your child and I find it strange that they asked this of you and you listened to them??????

Reply to ??
Posted by: Riana | 2006/07/21

Its hard.

Reply to Riana
Posted by: Liz123 | 2006/07/21

Riana, i have been following your story with your daughter, and i am thing of you. Things will get better with time. Be strong.

Reply to Liz123
Posted by: anon | 2006/07/21

Don't want to alarm you but unexplained bruises on the body could also be leukaemia.....I am sure they are going to check out thoroughly and do blood tests etc. Thinking of you Riana, and remember she is in good hands now. Trust in them to do their job.
You might think she is happy with everything she needs but perhaps she is not and has been unable to verbalise exactly how she is feeling.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Garfield | 2006/07/21

Your daughter and you are in my prayers

Reply to Garfield
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/07/21

Riana, I'm really hoping that she gets well, and you get to the root cause of all this. It sounds as though she might have been physically hurt by someone and has "retreated", or she might have been hurting herself.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Continue to be strong.

Reply to Chelle