Question
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/05

Buzz

Back in the office, photo shoot was great. No, they wont be published for public use, private brochure. Wish I could show you, they are absolutely stunning!

Enjoy your holiday in George, great place. I have time share at Wilderness Dunes in Wilderness, one of my favourite places to go aside from Mtunzini on Natal North Coast.

Take care, and come back all tanned.

Me

.....

13
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/06

serg is not doing so well - he hasn't shot anything for quite a while ... not surprising considering how her treats people

chat again

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

Small world this! How is Serg?

Right, lets get back to doing what we supposed to be doing on this site, helping ourselves by helping others....

Nice chatting to you, and no doubt we will chat some more...

Keep well...

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/06

yup

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

Velocity?

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/06

hi

we are the biggest commercial production house not the best however
some say we are the local university - we train the people and they go off and start their own companies and learn from our mistakes... but some come back ... and then leave again

you take care and enjoy

are you a DOP?

NINA

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

No, I am not him, so dont worry. I now work in a form of property development and sales.

What company are you working for, if I may ask.

I left the industry last year after working on "Snitch" for Endemol.

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/06

hi

yes i know RM quite well...
he is not very fond of our company

hope he is a mutual acquintance and not FIO

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

Unfortunately the family thing is not happening yet, need to find the right woman first!

Yes, the one thing I do miss is the people bit. I used to be in the hospitality industry, and I love working with people and crews. So that side I miss.

Does Big Banana Films ring any bells?

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/06

hi there

no i'm is jhb.

i know exactly what you say, it's bonus time and you have no idea what excuses they come up with yet they all have at least 2 houses ( in jhb and ct) and most have a place at the dam.

but i must say i love the people and would think 2x before i consider leaving

but yes you've seen it all and made a wise choice to invest in a family and you can make a good living as a photographer

good luck

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

A very small world, isn't it? I've bumped into so many unlikely people recently, all somehow connected to the film industry. They say we are no more than 7 people away from someone we know, and it certainly seems true.

Got out of the industry last year, really had enough of the politics, egos, exploitation etc etc, you know the deal I'm sure. They all moan and groan about not having enough money to pay overtime, or pay for an extra runner, yet they all stay at the Westcliff or Melrose Arch and dine at Linger Longer. But more importantly, I want to settle and have a family one day, which is literally an impossibility considering the hours we work, and the locations, especially when its weeks away in Namibia or wherever.

Where are you based, Cape Town?

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/06

hi fio

i'm in the film industry and was just wondering i maybe know you, the industry is not so big

what do you do now?

nothing more valueble than a beatiful pic of loved ones

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

Good morning Lady Nina,

Yes, I am, but not doing it anymore other than for friends or special occasions. And I do it for myself as a hobby when I get the time to play. And on the odd occasion I do locations scouting for the film industry.

Why you ask?

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/06

hi fio

are you a professional photographer?

nina

Reply to lady nina