Question
Posted by: dotcom | 2004/10/14

buying dermatix or silicone sheeting

i have raised scars on my upper arms, i have used bio oil & it has helped reduced the unsightly scars, it has also made them the same color as my skin. Im now currently trying elastoplast scar reduction patches. iv read that a product called dermatix used in UK is very good.
Can one buy this in SA or is silicone sheeting available here.
Im despaerate to reduce the scars(i know they wont dissappera) without having surgery.
The scars are a result of dyscoid eczema.

I luk 4ward 2 ur reply

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Dotcom,

Silicone sheeting is available in South Africa. I refer my patients to occupational therapists, who apply this and pressure massage to assist with scar reduction.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/25

I'd like to know if I can get it over the counter and which pharmacy can provide this

Posted by: dotcom | 2004/10/15

Thank u 4 ur prompt reply

can silicone sheeting not b bought ova the counter?
do these sheetings work?
can u recommend any other cost effective treatment besides surgery?
im tired of havin the arms of a lizard lady & being coverd all the time in SA weather.
iv had i think its called ledecort injections when the dyscoid eczema started, 5 yrs ago. it has since stopped.

i appreciate ur advice

thanking u in advance

regards

Reply to dotcom