Question
Posted by: Hubby | 2004/11/05

Buttock Augmentation and buttock contouring

Hello there

My wife would like to have a buttock augmentation. What does this entail, average cost, where can I find someone that does it and what is the difference between countouring andaugmentation?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Hubby,

A buttock augmentation is most sensibly done with fat grafting. This involves taking excess fat from one area of her body, ie. thighs or stomach and injecting it itnto the buttock area. A part of this fat is absorbed by the body over time, which might necessitate multiple procedures.

Contouring usually refers to the removal of the fat during a liposuction procedure. Augmentation means making bigger.