Question
Posted by: Martha | 2007/06/21

Butter or margarine

Is it true that butter in moderation is better that margarine which was initially created for turkeys and then given to adults..

martha

Dear Martha
The story that is doing the rounds on the Internet about margarine and how harmful it is supposed to be, is another Internet Myth. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Debunking Margarine Myths' to read the article I wrote last year about this whole story. I would personally rather use a soft, tub margarine with a high polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fat content than butter which has a much higher saturated fat content, that can harm the heart.