Question
Posted by: roxy | 2003/02/06

butt excercises

hi there.
i need to find a specific excersise to slim down my butt. My whole body is reasonable slim although my butt is just too big for the rest of my body. it is rounded, like two domes... i know all the exercises for the hips and the thight, i do lunges and squats, but nothing seems to help with the rest of my butt.
i do the shape up for summer and do cardiovascular activity, but i need to zone in on this area...
i read in one other forum here where you say that you cant spot reduce....but if you can do push ups to firm your arms you can do specific excersises specificall to reduse the size of your butt.....

thanks!!

HI Roxy

Body shape and proportions are largely genetically determined, so someties, one part of our body might seem fatter or thinner or broader than it "should be" acocording to our perspective. As you have mentioned I have said in a previous questions - you can't spot reduce. You can certainly try extra exercises to tone that area better, but it won't suddenly reduce the size of your butt and this is why a holistic programme is required. So by all means, do extra squats and lunges and backward leg raises, but make sure you do the other exercises as well.

You'll probably find that you notice this "so-called defect" much more than anyone else - so perhaps try to be positive about the fact that you have a slim body!