Posted by: booby | 2008/09/13

bust exercise

are there any exercises i can do to reduce the size of my boobs, please help, they are killing me.

Unfortunately, any specific exercise is only going to be partly effective. The mistake people make is that they try to target the muscle group, often at the expense of doing the whole body exercise that is actually more effective. That's not to say that focus on a muscle group or area is bad, because you need it, but it's better to do whole body exercise. The exercise is cardio training - like running, walking, cycling, swimming, taebo, aerobics etc. Anything that is cardiovascular gets the heart pumping and energy burning is most effective. It is just a question of how you use these cardio sessions. I would suggest at least 4 days a week of cardio training, each session lasting about 30 to 45 minutes, AT LEAST. You have to build up this duration and then keep at it consistently in order to see change.

The problem you have might be best treated with surgery, however, which I know sounds unpleasant, but is relatively common. It's very difficult to combat with exercise.

The specific exercises for the area in question have a relatively minor role, other than that they are responsible for developing the muscle in the area, which creates the appearance of being toned. That's obviously what you want, but you have to realise that you can't do the toning and specific work first and neglect the cardio - it has to work the other way around, cardio first, toning second. So focus on cardio, then on toning.

Diet is also very crucial, and if it's not 100% it will undermine any exercise benefits. So the best thing is to see a dietician or follow a very good diet plan. Just remember that low kilojoule is not necessarily better - too low causes problems as well, because it causes the body's metabolic rate to drop and that affects your ability to lose weight in the future. So don't try to starve yourself or go overboard, rather eat sensibly, cut out as much fat as you can, and listen to your body.

Posted by: Tara | 2008/09/16

!What size is yr body generally? If u r quite large it is simply a matter of losing weight because boobs are made of fatty tissue and have no choice but to go smaller when you lose weight.

There are indeed some exercises that help the area, more in terms of toning. This is because boobs have muscle behind them called pectoral muscles. You could do push ups, even girly ones with your knees on the ground. You could also use the pectoral machine in the gym, ask a trainer to show you which one it is. You need not load hectic weight. Any chest exercise is fantastic for toning the bust area on women. You’ ve seen guys lying on their back on a bench and pushing a bar up. You could do that too, either just with the bar or with very little weight. It is also super for the chest. You could do the same exercise holding two little dumbells too. It will help tone your large chest.

I have the opposite problem, I have always had tiny breasts. Then I decided to get fit and they disappeared completely. This is because fat came off my entire body and ofcourse the breasts were not immune. You are lucky that you have ample breasts it means no matter how fit you get you will still look nice and curvy and womanly. Wish I was you! I like having a fit body but the huge sacrifice I have had to make is having absolutely no breasts.

Reply to Tara