Question
Posted by: kit | 2005/07/04

business trip to london vs trying to get pregnant

I have been trying to fall pregnant and if its worked according to plan I should (hopefully) be pregnant , but I am scedualed to go oversees in about 4 weaks for work , if I am pregant will the flight be harmful to the pregnancy. I will be due back a week after that, could this be dangerous
thanks

The trip should not affect the pregnancy.

7
Posted by: kit | 2005/07/05

thanks guys, feel much better now!

Reply to kit
Posted by: frequent flyer | 2005/07/05

I can't believe the stuff that comes from Regular. Hopefully visitors and new forum users do not think that she represents the views of the majority who provide sensible advice.
Kit, Nina's advice is correct. Also stay well-hydrated, hopefully if you are pregnant you will not have morning sickness while travelling!
We hope you get pregnant soon.

Reply to frequent flyer
Posted by: SS | 2005/07/05

Hi Kit

i flew recently and i was 15 weeks at the time, my doc said it was fine, i know that you shouldnt take a rick after 28 weeks, just check that all is fine for you to fly,
unfortunately we are not all as privelaged as regular to stay at home all the time with our children, we have to work to bring in money to be able take care of them properly, not by choice but because we have to,
do not pay attention to what Regular said, as i am sure that if the time comes for you to look after your child you will do the right thing,
good luck i hope that you are pregnant,
SS

Reply to SS
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/05

Regular, that is the daftest comment i've ever heard. Kit has got her pririties just fine. In order to provide the best that we can for our children, we have to work. Many a time my daughter has been ill, and i have gone to work. Not because i want to leave her, but because i have to, to be able to pay the medical bills. You are the one that needs to get your priorities right.

Reply to Moi
Posted by: nina | 2005/07/04

I traveld overseas when I was 6 wks pregnant, but checked with the drto see if my blood tests and other results showed any worries. Just get up alot walk around go to the loo often. Avoid smoking areas and drink folic acid.

I wish you all the best!

Reply to nina
Posted by: kit to regular | 2005/07/04

dear regular, yes you do need strength, you should ask for the strnghth to be compationate to others, unfortunatly there are woman out there who do have demanding jobs and yes they would love to have kids aswell. acording to me me my priorties are just right. You don t know me how dare you call me silly and say I wouldnt look afte a sick child(how horrible of you). I sent this e-mail for some advice not to get attacked. This forum does not need your negitivity. You obiously have issues so please refrain from insulting other woman and try being a little supportive - I thought this is what this for forum was for

Reply to kit to regular
Posted by: Regular | 2005/07/04

give me strength! you silly woman look at the pros and cons, if you really want a child give up the travelling, what is going to happen when the child is a little older and needs you are you going to say my baby has a stomache ache but I need to go on this trip will he be okay when I get back.

Get your priorities right.

Reply to Regular