Question
Posted by: pumkin | 2004/10/28

Bursted condom

Both me and my husband are HIV positive ,and the condom bursted. What are chances of reinfecting each other

punkin, sorry to hear about it, but I really don't know --- try our HIV advice forum

19
Posted by: Lucia | 2004/10/28

To Hokay - I just hope to hell that Inc does not read this - I can just imagine the reaction - very sad.

Reply to Lucia
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/10/28

....*sigh*.....sorry.... i'm guilty i guess......

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Lucia | 2004/10/28

To JM & Hokay - thanks for the facts, pity there are still so many ignorant people out there.

To Lulu - don't know what to say - I am honestly shocked by your comments - you are one of the last people I expected this from.

Reply to Lucia
Posted by: Geez | 2004/10/28

lulu you may know lots of things but it is possible to be reinfected. Its about time people became educated about HIV and stop being so judgmental when people ask questions. you are really acting like a brat today.
There is nothing wrong with the question. maybe posed in the wrong forum, but there have been many who have done the same thing.
do you realise that people can get aids in other ways besides sex? because a married couple are both hiv + does it mean that they should stop having sex? does it mean that one of them was cheating? you've assumed too much lulu. your in one judging mood today. either your ego has taken a dive or its bigger than it deservers to be. whatever way you look at it. you need help.
cp mom you who cry when peopel are rude to you are now acting the same way. shame on you.

Reply to Geez
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/28

Hokay,

Thanks a lot! I know that I did not use the correct terms in my example but as I said it was given to us (who does not have any knowlegde and are ignorant) to make us understand it better.

Perhaps it is time for the ignorant people in our world to undergo HIV training, they will be schocked if the learn the REAL FACTS.

Reply to JM
Posted by: Hokay | 2004/10/28

Found this on this very web site... I suppose its a load of crap too huh Lulu? Talk about empty vessels making the most noise! And of course as usual all the little groupies agree as well... anyone think for themselves?

If I am HIV+, why should I still use a condom to protect myself?
HIV+ individuals still need to protect themselves against re-infections with HIV, for the following reasons:

Each new infection can cause an increase in the viral load in the blood and
The person can become infected with a new strain of the virus. It is therefore important for HIV+ people to protect themselves from re-infection by always using condoms.

Reply to Hokay
Posted by: lulu | 2004/10/28

So I need to be HIV positive to know what it's all about? Now you're treading desperately close to the Idiot Abyss yourself...

Do I need to be a mechanic to know anything going on under my car's hood too? Or Mr Potatohead to know anything about cooking food? Are you for real??

Fortunately I'm HIV negative. I'm not sure if I should say "I'm sorry and I'll try harder to get it before I voice an opinion on it next time." or if I should just feel sorry for you and all the others like you who probably did or will someday get it because they DON'T KNOW THE FACTS.

Just for interest sake: I know quite alot about malaria too. I've never had it before and I'm not a mozzie either. Does that make me a bad person?? (o;

Anyway, I've been in a terrible mood all day. Thank you very much for making me have fun playing in the Idiot Pen for a little while. I truly feel better now. hehe

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Hokay | 2004/10/28

You guys are not all as smart as you think! Even if both people in a relationship are HIV + you are STILL advised to use condoms because you can indeed re-infect each other. There are different strains of HIV and you can pass them onto each other. Please do not call people stupid when you don't even know the facts yourself. INC? Where are you? We need you to put your comments and knowledge onto this forum.

Reply to Hokay
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/28

Lulu,

Tell me are you HIV positive that you know all the answers?

Don't discuss a topic if you don't know anything about it.

If you read my reply properly you would've seen that I stated that I DO NOT KNOW HOW TRUE it is.

Anyway the 10 plus 10 was an example they used to make sure that us (the people the turns a blind eye to the fact of HIV) understand what really happens.

Reply to JM
Posted by: lulu | 2004/10/28

A professional what? My 7 year old will be able to tell you that your "10 virusses plus your partners 10 virusses equals 20 virusses and that makes you more ill blah blah blah..." bit is the biggest load of cattle excrement! Will having sex with someone who is not infected HALF your 10 virusses?? My goodness!! And all this time, the "do it with a virgin to be cured" belief might just be true! Only, you might have to do it with a few virgins so as to dilute your virusses enough for them to become too lonely and just go away on their own.

In fact, why don't you give me those phone numbers, then I can phone the Professional Idiot and tell him myself.

Amazes me that after all the publicity and TAX PAYERS money spent on education, crap like this still gets believed.

Reply to lulu
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/10/28

LMAO blackbird & LULU ..... goed gesê julle !

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/10/28

ok i'll make some new enemies ..

this person is an idiot, cause as far as i can see on my web browser, i says at the top ..CYBERSHRINK, and the original poster posted a question on HIV and condoms, now i might be stupid but as far as i can see that has NOTHING to do with mental illness or any such related mental affliction.

now maybe this condom bursted in their face and then i should suggest that the question should rather be posted on the eye doctor web-forum 1st and then possibly to the aporpriate forum.

oh and about my spelling ...yip my mother was correct ..i'm going blind from all this ....err nevermind ...

fok i'm in such a good mood today ..now watch some eyeshole come spoil it ..

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/28

Lulu,

Unfortunately it was not an idiot. It was actually a professional. If you like I can give you their telephone numbers....

Perhaps you did not understand the question properly, these people are already HIV positive but as I said she should post her question at the HIV forum coz at least there is people that will be able to answer her question. (without making jokes about it!)

Have a wonderfull day,

Reply to JM
Posted by: lulu | 2004/10/28

LOL Ja nee wragtag, CP MOM. Die wêreld hou nooit op om my te verras elke nou en dan met 'n fresh load of idiots nie. (o;

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Lulu | 2004/10/28

WHAT? Someone actually told you this, JM? Was it a nursing sister? Doctor? Social Worker? Or perhaps an Idiot?

Anyway, I'm not saying anything more on this topic, because I might just make a few new enemies. All I can say is this: If you don't have the mental capacity to understand the risks of having sex under WHATEVER circumstances (unwed/unprotected/protected), you are obviously too young to be having it.

Reply to Lulu
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/10/28

LOL LULU

ek wou ietsie pos hierso oor "kan mens so dom" wees maar toe dog ek nee liewerste nie.... hee hee

hierdie moet 'n joke wees !

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: lulu | 2004/10/28

LOL Blackbird. I can see the picture of the masking tape fixing in my mind's eye. Nogal snaaks. (o:

Reply to lulu
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/28

Pumpkin,

Make use of the HIV forum on the left pane, the people their are very clude up and will answer your question quickly.

I was tested at work this week (work initiative) and one of my question were precisely what you have asked.

The lady told us that if you have for argument sake 10 HIV "virusses " in you and your husband also has 10 in him and you have unprotected sex then you will gain 10 xtra making it 20 and he as well will gain an xtra 10. Thus everytime having unprotected sex the virus will multiply, thus causing you to become ill and pass away much quicker than the normal HIV infected person that uses caution.

I am not sure how true this is but the best will be to post your question at the HIV forum.

Good Luck!

Reply to JM
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/10/28

was it a loud bang when the condom bursted, did you find all the pieces, cause you can fix it again with some masking tape.

also i would suggest that you get yourselfs some latex gloves, for when you masterbate ...cause you never know what you could pick up from yourself ...

Reply to blackbird