Posted by: muffin | 2003/01/07


Some time ago i had slight pain in my right hip, and especially when i was lying on my right side. My Doctor diagnosed bursitis, and gave me anti-inflammatories. I don't think that it has gone away though, as I still have some pain in my hip, especially if I have been very active. I was thinking of going to a physio, but my pilates teacher who put me throgh some tests says it does not appear to be a muscular problem. What do you suggest?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Muffin, the pain may be due to a back problem or it may be that you just didn’t take the anti-inflammatories for a long enough period. The best would probably to see your doctor and to have him take x-rays of your back and maybe prescribe a different anti-inflammatory and even physiotherapy. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.