Question
Posted by: Suette | 2008/06/02

Burping

Doc,

My little girl of 6 year has been burping spontaneously the past few days. At first I though that it is something she has seen from other kids at school because I have teached my kids it is bad manners. But she said to me she does not do it on her own.

I have watched her carefully. She eats and drinks slowly and chews her food well. And I have noticed it is not just when she has eaten or drank something. She does not eat any thing that can make windy.

What could it be?

Dear Suette
You can try to give her probiotics ( like Inteflora) with each meal - it may be that she is not digesting her food well, causing increased gas in the stomach.