Question
Posted by: sarita | 2007/05/04

Burping

This may sound silly but Im a 35 yr old woman and Im having trouble burping. Most times after a meal I have trouble burping.
I can feel the build up but nothing happens. It feels terrible because I need to burp but nothing happens. When it finally does then afterwards I continue to have tiny burps whichs lasts about 2 mins.

What could the problem be?
This has been going on for more than 2 months already.

Please advise.

Sarita

Dear Sarita
You may have a small hiatus hernia - you can try to take something that helps the gas to be released like simethicone syrup ( ask your pharmacist). If it is really irritating ask your Gp to refer you for a gastroscopy.