Question
Posted by: Ouch | 2008/05/24

Burning vulva

About a week ago I started getting an uncomfortable, itchy feeling in my crotch, which I assumed was thrush. On Monday and Tuesday I took Sporonox and started taking probiotics. I also tried using Medospor on the affected areas, but this really burned. A week later I'm stil itchy and every time anything touches my vulva, it feels a bit like sunburn - it's incredibly uncomfortable all the way back to my anus. I've been in a monogamous relationship for two years, haven't changed soaps or anything and live a relatively healthy lifestyle. Could it be that it is thrush and is taking ages to clear or is it something else? What can I do? If it makes any difference, I had the mirena inserted at the beginning of the month.

As the usual medications for thrush have not helped, you will have to see a doctor to determine what the problem is.