Question
Posted by: sha22 | 2007/03/27

Burning vaginal pain when urinating!

I have a MAJOR problem.
I had sex with a guy about 4 months ago and the condom got stuck inside me, I found it a day later after feeling discomfort- when I pulled it out it was full of blood and bits of skin... As the months went by I started getting a horrific pain when urinating but left it thinking it would go away... only to get worse... It's now constant pain all the way up inside my vagina and when I urinate it's just unbearable. I went to a gyne but they seem to see nothing wrong.. I am so worried and don't know where to turn. Other symptoms I get is a pain in my lower back and lower abdomen to one side.. It's affecting my life so much- I need advice/ help please!!!

Dear Sha22
You probably need to see an urologist to have a cystoscopy - it is an examination under anaestetic where they look with a very thin tube inside the bladder and urinary tract - the tube is soft and pliable so you don't really have any side effects afterwards . I agree with you - something is seriously wrong! Did the gyne test your urine at all???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystoscopy
Look on easyinfo.co.za under medical for an urologist near you or ask your GP to refer you.