Question
Posted by: Marius | 2007/12/13

Burning sensation in the palm of my hand

Hi there, I have a question regarding a burning sensation that I have been experiencing for the last few months. The sensation is only experienced on my left hand and there is no rash or bite/sting marks. The sensation normally lasts for up to 30 minutes, and I have noticed that a headache soon follows. I have been under severe stress lately but I'm not sure if it is related. Is this something I should be worried about?

Hallo Marius
I would like to know more about the headache - where in your head do you feel this, is the pain throbbing, or pressing or dull and aching? Some migraines can cause neurological auras (warnings) before starting which can be anything from a sensation to a smell or vision loss etc.

1
Posted by: Marius | 2008/01/03

Thank you for your response Dr. Bets, I apologise for the delayed response. The headache is normally towards the front and sides of the scull, not quite by the sinusses but around there. I have noticed more often that the buring sensation occurs when I'm angered or frustrated. I have been to the headache clinic, and the headaches dont seem to be the main problem, after a Panado they seem to dissapear and they are hardly severe, the headaches are normally dull and aching.

Reply to Marius