Posted by: Girl22 | 2007/04/11

Burning sensation after sex

Hi there.
I discovered that I lately have a burning sensation after having sexual intercourse. My boyfriend also discovered the other day that he had some sort of warts or blisters on his penis, but it went away after 2-3 days of using antibiotics (we did not have sex during this period). I have always been a bit tight, so I have been sore and sensitive after sex, but this is more like a burning sensation. He also felt some burning after our last time, but said it was because I am tight.

Do I have reason to worry? We dont have any other sexual partners in the last 2 years that we have been together.
What could the reason be for this burning? And is there anything I can do about it?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If your boyfriend has had blisters on his penis, he could have an infection, which you could have caught, even if he did not have sex while on treatment. I would suggest that you see your doctor to check for infection.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.