Question
Posted by: burnzy | 2007/02/22

burning sensation after sex

i went to my gynae with this question: after sex with my husband, without using a condom i get this burning sting in my private part and then a dead feeling. the next day i itch a lot and leaves a funny looking, smelly substance on my panty. then for the next couple of days it gets sore.
my gynae told me that we should use a lubricant, cause maybe i get little tears, but that did not work.
my husband went to the urologist and he told him that it is my imagination and he never heard of such thing.
what can i do about this? it really is affecting our sexlife!!!!
pleas help!

There is always some friction with sex and semen can cause burning in this area. If the burning is not there when you use a condom, this is the likeliest cause. The other possibility is that you are getting thrush.You can both try using Canesten.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2007/02/23

Many women suffer with this, you either have an overgrowth of yeast with no obvious infection, or it is as your doc says. You get little lacerations during sex and then the semen is like rubbing lemon juice into a cut (stings like mad). I get the same thing and unfortunately sometimes extra lubrication works and sometimes it doesn't. What I do when it's really bad is wash down with a damp cool cloth, and apply Weleda calendula cream. It will burn for a few minutes but then it soothes and calms the area and restores the tissues affected:)

Reply to Maya