Question
Posted by: D | 2008/01/16

Burning Sensation

Dear Doc

I just have a question that I really need an answer for urgently. I am 23 years old, dont know if my age matters. Every single month, about a week before I start with my period, I am extremely sensitive down there. Meaning sometimes it burns when I pee, and especially after I have had sex with my boyfriend, then it's unbearable when I go to the toilet to pee. Is this normal? I really dont think so, and just to let you know it has happened with my previous bf too, so the problem cant be with my current bf. Please I need some advice, sometimes it is so bad that I dont want to have sex at all.

Thank you.

It may be that you are having thrush before your period. This is more common at this time. You could use Canesten premenstrually to prevent this.