Question
Posted by: Lauren | 2007/05/09

burning pins and needles

Good Day, I'm 21 and in the last 6 months have been experiencing a burning pins and needles sensation in my left hand. it started off just being in my finger tips but now it is in my whole hand. it isn't constant, just once in a while and lasts for about 30 - 45 min.
what could it be, its really starting to bother me as it is both sore and unfomfortable. like i'm holding my hand over a fire.
thanks
lauren

Hi Lauren
This sounds like a nerve pinching - could be in the wrist area - let your GP have a look and refer you to a neurologist?