Question
Posted by: M&M | 2004/10/18

Burning pain in right breast nipple

Good day, a few days ago a burning pain started from underneath my breast - I though maybe it is because I picked up so much weight these last few months (I'm not pregnant, has 2 kids and I am 36 years old). Since this weekend the pain is in my my nipple and aerola or behind it. I cannot sleep on my sides, has to sleep on my back because of the burning pain underneath at the beginning of my breast.
I also have an abses in my left upper side tooth and my left side from my left nostril till the top of my head is burning - I'm not sure if this is due to the abses or sinus - as I have had hayfever and sinus for 16 years now. The abses is there since July and the dentist has treated it twice now by putting antiobiotics in the tooth itself. I'm only seeing the dentist again beginning of November. My husband said they should pull the tooth as the abses can go to my brain - but my dentist laughed at that and said it's not true. Please help!

M&M, it might be that you have a breast abscess, but i can’t say that from this side of the screen without being able to examine you first. The best would be to see your doctor and make sure that it isn’t due to something serious.
There is quite a distance between your teeth and it isn’t likely that a tooth abscess will spread to your brain in a direct way. There is a small possibility that it will spread via the blood and cause an abscess somewhere else (including the brain), but this is very rare. Good luck.