Question
Posted by: Sally | 2008/01/31

Burning pain

Hi, I have 24/7 burning/stinging pain in urehtral area and urinate "too often" i.e. more than normal and smaller amounts than normal. There is no pain on urination at all. If I apply pressure to the area the pain dissipates to a degree but that is for obvious reaons not practical! I am taking OTC cranberry tablets but this is not helping. I am thinking it is a UTI and Cipro will do the trick but you need to see a GP to get this and financialy to pay someone R210-00 for a script and then the Cipro is out of my reach . What can I do OTC-wise to assist and alleviate the constant burning/stingin pain down under! Is this a normal UTI or not? Has now been going on for about 4 months. There must be a simple homeopathic or OTC remedy and thus cut costs of treatment? Ever hopeful of finding an affordable cure finally.

Hi Sally,
Find a pharmacy near you that can test your urine for you. If you have a UTI, your pharmacist may be able to prescribe something for you, but if it is really a severe infection you will have to see a doctor. Neglected UTI’s can cause kidney infection and permanent kidney damage.