Question
Posted by: Judy | 2008/07/03

burning of the soles of the feet<br>burning of the soles of the feet

My husband suffers regularly from a burning sensation of the soles of his feet what could this be caused from I have heard it could be a cause of sugar

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Judy
burning feet can be caused by sensitivity to the dye in the shoes, the kind of socks you wear ( some materials cause more sweating), fungal infections like athletes foot, peripheral neuropathy - a nerve condition caused by diabetes, vit B 12 deficiency, alcohol abuse, certain neurological disease and circulation problems. So a good medical check up will be the first step to exclude diabetes and other medical causes. In the mean time he can try only wearing cotton socks, and taking vit B12 supplements.