Question
Posted by: gremaw8 | 2007/03/12

Burning, numbness in toes

I have been told I have Morton's Neuroma. It is a constant burning and numbing feeling in my big toe and the two next to it. I've had 2 cortisone injections already in hopes it would rid me of this pain. So far nothing has helped and its been over a month now since the last injection. I also have a bruise on the top of my foot from the injection as my doctor hit a vein. What else can I do to cure this problem? There are days I limp around because of the pain.
Thanks.

Expert ImageArchive

It is very unlikely that this is a neuroma, Mortons neuromae rarely if ever occur between the big toe and the second. It only occurs between the 2nd to 5th toe. Ask your dro to check you for a tarsal tunnel syndrome instead, this is a nerve entrapment that happens in the inside of the ankle as opposed to between the metatarsal heads. This can be seen (sometimes) on ultrasound. Also ask the dr to check if you may be diabetic. and if the entrapment may be from your lower back