Question
Posted by: Hop along | 2002/12/17

Burning Leg pain Thigh/knee and calf

Dear Doc,
I have developed a really bad burning (ice hot!) pain in upper thigh.... an area the size of a dinner plate, and then side of knee towards the back of knee and side of calf.... The pain flares up after walking or standing...... I cannot lie on that side at night...(right side)feels as if my leg and knee are broken!!!!
I then develop a pain(stitch) in the groin area...... There is nothing to show a doctor... xcept for a few surface varicose veins and so am reluctant to go with nothing to show!!!! I do have swelling of the feet from time to time, also burning!
Do you have any suggestions as to what I can take.... or what it could be? I am 53 and have picked up a bit of weight due to underactive thyroid.
Many thanks!

Hop, it might be that a nerve is being pinched somewhere, so the best would be to see your doctor and to have it sorted out. Good luck.