Question
Posted by: adiva | 2004/10/22

Burning, itchng sensation just under the skin

I have a burning, itching sensation just under the skin, on my back, top left, going round to the front, through my armpit, into my left breast, which is extremely painful in the nipple. I am 57 years old, a type II diabetic, on insulin. Was on HRT up to 10 months ago. I had a mammogram about a year ago, and everything was fine. I have no lumps. This irritating painful sensation is unbearable by the end of the day, and I cannot bear my bra against my skin by the end of the day. I have no rash.

Adiva, it sounds like it might be due to shingles, but I can’t say for sure from this side of the screen. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.