Question
Posted by: Corne | 2007/03/26

Burning feet

My husband has been complaining about burning feet, this gets so bad that he would even take off his shoes. Any suggestions of what this could be?

Expert ImageArchive

Sorry for the delay in respomding I was O`seas
There are many possible causes, and the best start point is the GP as there are a few medical conditions that need to be ruled out first as these may be the cause, e.g. diabetes problems with blood flow or nerve conduction. Please see the gp first

5
Posted by: BeenThere | 2007/04/02

Oh yes, burning of the toes for diabetics normally starts of only whilst shoes are being worn.

Reply to BeenThere
Posted by: BeenThere | 2007/04/02

He may not necessarily have diabetes but he should definitely at least have it ruled out. It is very common for Diabetic Neuropathy to start off with burning of the toes. A test for diabetes is very cheap and could save his life. Let us know how it goes.

Reply to BeenThere
Posted by: Corne | 2007/03/29

He is not overweight at all and his feet only burns when he has got shoes on. The part that burns the most is the toes.

I

Reply to Corne
Posted by: Corne | 2007/03/29

I

Reply to Corne
Posted by: BeenThere | 2007/03/27

Check his blood sugar at a pharmacy - Burning feet is a definite symptom of diabetes (especially if he is overweight).

Reply to BeenThere