Question
Posted by: Lady | 2004/11/05

Burning feet

Hello Cyberdoc

I would just please like to know if you can tell me what would be the cause of my feet burning up like fire, sometimes I just want to rip of my stockings and take of my shoes when i'm at work, when i'm at home i walk as much bare feet as possible but even at night when i sleep my feet tend to burn up like crazy. I asked my GP but he couldnt give me a definite answer. I did a sugar test and that's A-ok, please would you be able to assist me with some answers.

Lady, this is one of those difficult things to diagnose and treat. Often we find nothing wrong and drugs that might work are too dangerous to consider. If your GP has ruled out blood flow problems, diabetes and liver disease there isn’t much I can do from this side of the screen. Often the only practical solution is to bath early in the evening (gives your feet time to cool off) and to have an air conditioner installed. You can also try taking something like Berroca Calmag®. Good luck.