Question
Posted by: Sally | 2007/12/20

Burning feeling in stomach

Hi. I have had a cold for two days and took Gripons and cough mixture, but now my stomach is burning so much. When I exhale deeply it feels like that hot feeling is coming all the way up my chest like flames. Could it be the cough mixture or could I have ulsurs, how can I determine if I have ulsurs cause I do eat a lot of hot foods. What can I get over the counter that can help me immediately?

Hallo Sally
Try Mucaine or Gaviscon. The only way one can confirm an ulcer is by doing a gastroscopy. It is performed by using a thin, flexible fibre-optic instrument that is passed through the mouth and allows the doctor to see whether there is any damage to the lining of the oesophagus (gullet) or stomach, and whether there are any ulcers in the stomach or duodenum.
dr Bets