Question
Posted by: hurt | 2004/09/30

burning feeling

i had a one night stand and after that when i urinate or ejaculate the tip of my penis burns. i'm too shy to go to a doctor. its also become better since then.

Burning of urine can be a sign of a STI, but some STI,s e.g. HIV, chlamydia, syphilis can be silent. It usually takes up to n10 days for other STI's toshow up. So be on the look out for sores, you've already had the burning, and also secretions (like pus) from your penis.

Stop your shyness and think of your health, see your doctor ASAP. If you are married of have a regular sex partner, please make sure not to infect them as well, but seek treatment.

Call SA Sexual Health Association 0860 100 262 for a referral to a Doctor in your area, if you don't want to go to your regular GP. If you are in JHB you can go to the DISA Clinic and remain anonymous, call them on (011) 787 - 1222

Gpood luck
Dr Elna McIntosh

3
Posted by: hurt | 2004/10/05

the burning feeling is better and what do you meen by the cecreation. if my partner and i were to engage in oral sex would she also contract it if i had something?

Reply to hurt
Posted by: ruth | 2004/10/01

ur ded

Reply to ruth
Posted by: shy | 2004/09/30

Hi there,
It seems like i probably have a SDT, I am terribly ashamed even saying this - and never thought this would happen to me! I am not really sleeping around, but obviously chose the wrong person to sleep with!!! I had sex on Saturday night, and the burning started on Wednesday, I also have the secretion. It this curable?
Please help

Reply to shy