Question
Posted by: Eleda | 2007/12/04

Burning during menstruation

The past 4 months I have been suffering from a burning and itching sensation in my vagina. My doctor thought it might be a bladder infection but the test came back negative as well as for candida.
Last month I had to attend a function and stopped my period and noticed that my itching and burning went away completely. This month about 2 days before my menstruation started the itching and burning came back. I can also just mention that I am om Thriphasil.

Could my menstruation be irrating my skin and cause a burning sensation?

This does sound very like thrush. Menstruation does not irritate the skin, but the hormonal changes at this time can presdispose to thrush. Why don;t you try Canesten and see if it is relieved.

1
Posted by: A | 2008/05/04

Occurs at the very earliest part of my period, the first one or two days before regular bleeding begins (at the brownish stage versus brighter red bleeding). When I start experiencing the burning, I know my period will follow within a day or two.
No unusual discharge or odor and not due to soaps, etc, cleaning with water only. The burning stops as soon as regular bleeding sets in, until the next month. PAPs suggest inflammation, but colposcopy is normal. I've not been able to find an answer to this question--hopefully you can help.

Reply to A