Question
Posted by: John | 2006/10/26

Burning and redness

Hello

I was wondering what might cause a burning sensation at the tip of my penis my doc said all is ok and it is not any std.I can go days without this feeling and then days with the feeling.

Also my scrotum which is a differant thing,not related to above is quite red i have noticed, and feels as if the skin is dry is this normal,does this area need cream like normall skin,my wife said my scrotum looks normall to her.

Cheers

Dear John
You can use the baby aqueous cream on the scrotum - the skin is very sensitive and may be dry. A burning sensation is usually caused by urethritis, or inflammation of the urine tube - either due to injury ( too dry sex) or if the wife has candida vaginitis it can cause this in the husband. Try putting a bit of bactroban nasal ointment in the tube if it happens.