Question
Posted by: Burning like Fire | 2003/03/19

Burning anal opening.

Hi Doc.
Please help.I have had a running tummy for a 3 days now .( This usaully happens after a heavy drinking weakend.) The problem that a have is a burning anus when I apply some pressure while on the loo. ( I have experienced this after having hot chilly foods) Is this related to early stages of piles . In there any over the counter precriptions like creams or suppositories. I have read the article on Haemorrhoids from the A-Z Guide and my problem does not fit any of the symptoms. I also do not suffer from constipation , but have had diarrhoea lots of times. It feels like the opening of the anus is suddenly very narrow.

Thanx.

BLF, it might be that you have a small tear in the anus or that you have a superficial skin infection. The problem is that I can’t say for sure what it is without first examining you, so the best would be to see your doctor. In the meantime you can try an OTC product called Anugesic® suppositories. Good luck.