Posted by: pete | 2010/04/19

burning after sex

directly after sex, while still inside, I experienced a burning sensation at the tip of my urethra as well as the end of my shaft, just below the glans. This sensation lessened after penetration had ended. I examined my shaft and there was a distinctly more reddened area local to the burning.

I am regularly sexually active, with one sexual partner. It was vaginal intercourse with sufficient lubrication, so I don''t think it could have been chafing. This is the first time I experienced the burning and the sensation has dissipated together with the redness since intercourse.

Is there a possibility that I have an STI ?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

It may be possible but STI's usually present with urethral discharge, penile sores/ulcers or painful glands along the inguinal region. observe for the development of these symptoms and if they occur, seek medical treatment. A urinay tract infection can also present with burning so watch out for any burning on passing urine. since it was a once off episode i would suggest that you observe if it happens and if it does you can consider seeing your local gp to exclude other causes.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: pete | 2010/04/19

the exhibiting symptoms are very similar to mild penile thrush. Is this something serious? Can I just try using some canesten cream ?

Reply to pete

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.