Posted by: in pain | 2009/09/22


hi doc,

on saturday i was making my sons milk i have a airport flask i just filled it with boiling water form the kettle i closed the lid immediatly after not thinking anything would happen. unfortunely the flask exploded and i have a nasty burn on my hand i immediately applied an ice cube then after tooth paste a few minutes later i applied betadine. the area looks horrible i have boils and my skin is getting dry and dark in colour im currently applying burn shield as it is still burning. wat can i use? im worried its going to leave a scar ? should i see a doctor maybe

thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear In Pain
YES see a doctor , it sounds like a second or third degree burn and you may need specialized treatment. In future, you did the right thing by applying cold ( cold water works better) but never ever put things like toothpaste, butter or any other funny stuff on a burn. An antibiotic cream/burnshield/Silver Sulfadiazine Burn Ointment is the best to use. Do not break any blisters as it leaves a raw area for bacteria to infect.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.