Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/09/08

After how many days could one aply vit. E oil on a open burn wound to prevent scaring? Should it be covered seeing that the skin came off and its moist or should it be left open?

Dear Zexeon
the burn must be totally healed before you start applying vit E oil otherwise it will delay healing. A moist wound should rather be covered - I like to use Opsite as it is like a breathable plastic film that keeps water out but helps the wound to dry. I also feel that it helps the wound to heal quicker. You can leave it on for a few days before replacing it (it is expensive though but you should be able to find cheaper generics)

Posted by: Alex | 2013/04/03

Hi . One friday i burnt my stomach with boiling water , i think its 2nd degree becuase the area is red swollen and blistered. I have been treating with a burn shield that has tea tree oil in it. There is no opening he blister is in tact. It felt like it was healing and by sunday felt alot better even when showering etc but since Monday it has become sooo painful . It is more painful and sensitive now then it was when i got burnt Do burns hurt more when they are healing should i be worried about this ?

Reply to Alex
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/09/08

I applied ice (as this is all I have and a plaster to prevent infection.

Reply to Zexeon