Question
Posted by: Betty | 2007/06/13

Bunions

I have bunions on both my feet. They are small. My Big toe is slanting towards the others. I suffer with tendor feet especially around the Big Toe and under the foot (the ball of the foot). Although it is not excruciatingly painfull I find it uncomfortable to sleep on my side at night. I can't bare the inside of my feet (where the bunion is) to touch the bed or other foot etc. I do dancing and know this probably adds to the problem. Can you give me any advise to try to relieve the discomfort?

Expert ImageArchive

You need to have your feet examined by a professional, as there are many possibles from a simple corn, to wierdly shaped bone projections that are causing pain. You need as hands on examination as well a x-rays.
You may need orthotics, shoe advice, in shoe padding, or surgery

Call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249 to get referred to a podiatrist, or to a foot and ankle surgeon