Question
Posted by: anon | 2005/11/23

bunion removal

Would you reccomend surgery for bunions that are hereditory and nothing else will help? What is the average cost of surgery and what is the recovery period?

Expert ImageArchive

I would recomend surgery for bunions that are causing a lot of pain and that are affecting your daily activity. I o not recomend cosmetic surgery on feet
The recovery period is no less then 6-8 weeks up to 6 months and do not under estimate the fact that it is a mojor operation. I would also suggest that you make sure you see an orthopaedic surgeon who has a major interest in the foot and ankle surgery not just any old person.
As far as the cost is concerned i would speak out of turn but the surgeon you see will be able to give you a better idea