Posted by: Rachel | 2011/04/15

Bumps Under Skin...(Muscle Bumps?)

So i have been an avid athlete for years, i started out playing Hardball at age 5, after moving on to elementary school i played every sport they offered, as well as playing on a country wide hardball team playing in National championships around the country, thus playing sports for 17/18 years i have accumulated quite a bit of underlying muscle and tone. Now just about a year ago i lost about 40-45 pounds, i am 5''4"  and i weighed 145-150 and i now weigh 105, so i am now quite thin still holding that underlying layer of muscle. So heres where my worry comes in. I have these bumps under my skin, i have some on my legs and neck but im not sure if the ones on my neck are the same as those on my legs. So the bumps on my legs are in somewhat of a pattern, they are under the skin and are only shown when i walk or the muscle is used or worked in any way, there are two on each leg, about halfway up my shin a little off to the outer side of each leg. They are about the size of a penny, one and then the other about an inch above the first. On my right leg this is the case but on my left leg it is the same but there is a larger distance between the two bumps...about an inch and a half. They feel hard and are kind of worrying me and was looking for any assistance in resolving my curiosity. Now aswell as those bumps i have 3 bumps on my neck but these are smaller and are always there, i have been told by family they most likely are calcium build ups but i would like to be sure, i am planning on visiting the doctor but at the moment am a little busy. The bumps on my neck are about the size of a pea and stay stationary as the skin moves when i touch the bumps on my neck. I was wondering if these had anything to do with my muscle or the fact that i dont have too much body fat anymore, or related to atheltics or sports in anyway? Please help in allowing me to find out what these may be. Please and thankyou :D

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You should consult a dermatologist for an examination, as he/she will be able to give you an informed opinion about these skin lesions. You should also mention to him/her that you have lost a large amount of weight. Please inform me about the outcome.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.