Question
Posted by: danni | 2007/06/18

bump on head

I have a 4 month old labrador and I've noticed he has a bump in the middle of his head. Is this normal?

No it's not normal. Does he run under tables etc? Sometimes they can get a knock on th etop of the head that causes a haematoma to develop. Please ask your vet to examine him to rule out something more sinister.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2007/06/18

As long as the bump is hard and feels like bone, don't worry. It's probably the apex of the skull you're feeling - the overall shape of the skull isn't fully final yet at this age, he has a lot of growing to do.

However: if the bump is not bone, or if it's new, or if it hurts or feels squishy, or if the skin appears damaged or bruised - then let your vet take a look - he may have injured himself - though it's not very likely.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2007/06/18

I know boxers have that bump , but im not sure about ladradors.

Reply to Carol