Question
Posted by: Gary | 2003/01/16

Bump on finger

I have recently noticed that I have a small bump on my ring finger of my right hand. It is not very large. I cant think of any cause for the bump appearing. I do not wear a ring on that finger. It appears to be a bump connected to the bone or the bone itself.

It is hardly noticeable but I still would like to hear your thoughts. Obviously you cant diagnose over email but could you please give me an idea as to what it could be or the actions I should take.

thanks for your time.

Gary, it sounds like it might be due to osteoarthritis or another form of arthritis. It might also be that you hurt it a long time ago and that it’s only now that the bone reaction becomes noticeable. The best would probably be to have an x-ray taken and find out what it might be. Good luck.