Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/28

Bump on face


i' m 20 do have occassional breakouts on my face, which after a while do go away. i' ve been using a 3-step product to prevent these breakouts, and it' s been working pretty well thus far.

a few days ago, i got a big bump under my skin which is very noticable. i think it might be a pimple that has hardened. i' ve tried benzoyl peroxide to help dry it out, but it' s not helping.

any suggestions of products that i can use, or a site where i can look up good dermatologists to have a look and help out?

thanks so much

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anonymous
Try treating it with Bactroban ointment closed up with a plaster overnight. If it is very tender, red and warm, let your GP have a look - you may need oral antibiotics and if it makes a small abcess it may need draining. If it is not a chronic problem of cystic acne your Gp can manage it and you don't have to pay expensive fees to the dermatologist.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.