Question
Posted by: Kate | 2005/12/11

Bully biopsy result

I too am waiting for your response to Bully,s question about the pyoderma etc. If you unable to help could you recommend doc that could help.

Dear kate,
I don't know if you noticed but I took over from the previous cyberdoc and I don't think I know what the question was ! Please repeat your question in full for me?
Pyoderma is any skin disease that causes pus to form in the skin.
Pyoderma gangrenosum is a rare skin disorder of unknown origin. The disorder may first appear as a red bump, blister, or small pus-filled growth (pustule) on the skin. These small growths eventually enlarge into swollen open sores (ulcerations). Any area of the body may become affected. In many cases, the exact cause of pyoderma gangrenosum is unknown (idiopathic). In fewer than 50 percent of cases, pyoderma gangrenosum occurs as a secondary characteristic to another disorder such as inflammatory bowel disease, hepatitis, or myeloproliferative disorders. Although the exact cause of pyoderma gangrenosum is unknown, it is thought to be an autoimmune disorder(http://www.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/nord569.asp?src=Inktomi&condition=healthwise)