Question
Posted by: Mother | 2005/11/18

Bully at School

Hi everyone. I would really like your opinion and advice. Our neighbours's daughter is in the same class as my daughter. She calls my daughter names all the time and my daughter gets very upset and cries by me. I tried to guide her by telling her to egnore the child and not to name call back - just leave. As it happened this girl cameto her yet again - with some friends - and did the same thing. My daughter hit her and salked away. The mother came screaming "abuse" at us. We had them appoligise to one another and promise it will not happen again. What happened the day after - this girl does it again. I do not want to fight but my daughter's life at home and school is turning into HELL. What should I do.

Confront that lousy mother and tell her that she must learn to control her bullying brat, and that if there is ONE more incident of her daughter, with or without pals, upsetting your daughter, you will call the police and lay charges of crimen injuria and hate speech, and will take it up with headmaster/mistress and the education authorities. And speak to the headmaster/mistress promptly and insist that he/she do somehing about this bullying little monster

3
Posted by: Karen | 2005/11/19

Please take action asap! I was bullied at school and it still affects me. Please help your daughter in any way possible, the verbal abuse will probably become physical aswell, as in my case.

Reply to Karen
Posted by: Lois_Lane | 2005/11/18

I agree with CS. Bullying is not to be tolerated. You definately need to raise this issue with the school. I had a similair problem with my daughter being upset all the time. i took matters to the teacher and the parent. so far so good.

Reply to Lois_Lane
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/11/18

I also feel that our kids should fight their own battles coz we won't always be there to do it for them and then what then?

But in this case I think it's time for serious action, I'd go and see the school.

Reply to CP MOM