Question
Posted by: Naz | 2008/01/23

Bulimic - PLEASE HELP

Hi, I am a 20 year old female and i suffer from bulimia. this illness is ruining my life as well as my family and boyfriends lives!
i have been bulimic for the past 2 years but enough is enough, i need it to go away. I have been seeing a psychologist which has helped me with a few issues yet i am still unable to "give up the habit!" PLEASE HELP as i do not know what else to do in order to kill this disease.

Dear Naz
Anorexia, bulimia and orthorexia are Eating Disorders, which need to be treated with a team approach. Please consult a clinical psychologist (they are listed in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists' or you can ask your gp to refer you), to help you work out what underlying psychological problems are driving you to self-destruct and to learn most positive ways of dealing with these problems. You should also consult a clinical dietitian to assist you to get back to eating normally again. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. If you are in Gauteng then it may help to contact Tara Hospital as they have an Eating Disorder clinic (phone (011) 783-2010. In Cape Town and environs you can contact the Kenilworth Clinic (021) 797-1400 and in KwaZulu Natal there is Riverview Manor (033) 701-1911, or contact them on: www.riverviewmanor.co.za
Go for expert help ASAP.

1
Posted by: sal | 2008/01/24

GO AND GET YOURSELF A COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPIST. THEY CHANGE HABITS AND YOUR WAY OF THINKING. OR YOU COULD GO TO A CLINIC AND GO ON AN EATING DISORDER PROGRAMME- LIKE REHAB BUT IT WILL CHANGE YOU! I WAS ANOREXIC FOR 7 YEARS AND IF YOU WANT TO GET BETER YOU WILL BUT YOU MUST KNOW THAT YOU CANT DO IT YOURSELF, YOU NEED HELP NOW.

Reply to sal