Question
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/19

BULIMIC

Morning Doc,
Back from Cape Town kept myself very busy with so not to think of all the shit that is going on in my life at the moment.
i have hardly eaten for a week and when i do i go to the loo and bring it up i have no appetitei wa wondering what effect this will have on my body all i have been doing is drinking alot to ease the pain.i hav also noticed that i seem to be fine during the day mood is a bit better but come 5 o clock i go on a downer.the X g/f is still there i was hoping that when i got back she would have moved . we have not seen each other for a bout 3 weeks i been leaving early in the morning and getting home late.

This doesn't sound like it was a healthy holiday. Not eating is never a good idea, and after even a few days, your stomach tends to feel as if it has shrunk a bit, so een a modest meal may feel excessive for a while, as you get used to it again. And far too much drinking, irritates the hell out of the lining of your stomach, killing the appetite. That, plus insulting your liver can increase the tendency towards feeling nauseous and heaving. Our mood shifts during the day, and alcohol is a downer, even if we don't feel it in that way at first. And don't you really need to have a calm sit-down, mature discussion of all this with your gf, rather than avoiding the issue, and her ?

14
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/19

The drinking i can stop i dont have problem too much i think once she has left i will take it easy go home an relax .

Dont have many freinds but they have told me they will be there for me but they have thier own problems.AT pub plenty of people there and the ladies(waiter) really look after me as they always try and cheer me up.
i dont know how i am going to cope being home alone also not sure if i every want to get involved in a another woman again i dont want to hurt the next one well i sure time will tell
thanks again for all you in put on this
Cheers DBB

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/19

You must please stop drinking every night. If it goes on like this, you will start depending on alcohol and that will be fatal. You will start drinking when your kid is there and that may cause a catastrophe.

I don't know what to say to you, it is so damn sad. Please feel free to write more to me.

How does your friends treat you?

Reply to JM
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/19

JM,
Thanks for the info ,i have manic bipolar and yes she is a strong person to stick it out with me for 7 years. what can i say about the drinking it takes the pain way for the night some days i am fine some days i am not fine i have stopped for 3 months a while ago but the same old shit happens. The weekends i have my child i dont drink at all and i dont even have booze at home as i only drink when i go out at the moment thats every night

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/19

Yip I do understand. You feel that you have hurt her so much that nothing will ever heal those wounds but time heals wounds. Someone will notice those holes in the fence and they will fix it.

You are such a sensitive soul....

I understand that you don't want to give her all these postings coz you want her to go on with her life.

But does she really understand what is going on with you? Perhaps if you do give her all the postings she will be able to have final closure and then leave.

If your mood swings are so bad then she must be a helluva woman.

How is your mood swings while drinking?

I have copied something I have read about bipolar, what type of bipolar do you have?

Bipolar illness is often complicated by co-occurring alcohol or substance abuse

Effective treatments are available that greatly reduce the suffering caused by bipolar disorder, and can usually prevent its devastating complications. However, bipolar disorder is often not recognised by the patient, relatives, friends, or even physicians. People with bipolar disorder may suffer needlessly without proper treatment, for years or even decades. Also, many patients do not respond to at least one drug, and many show no response to several. This means that combination treatment is often the rule because a combination of different drugs with different methods of action can be more effective wiithout increasing the risk of side effects. Lithium is still the most used drug overall in mania, but mood stabilising anticonvulsants are also widely used

Reply to JM
Posted by: dbb | 2004/10/19

Read this and maybe you will understand

NAIL IN THE FENCE - A Good Story for Great Friends.....
Make sure you read all the way down to the last sentence!
There once was a little girl who had a bad temper. Her mother gave her a bag of nails and told her that every time she lost her temper, she must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the girl had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as she learned to control her anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. She discovered it was easier to hold her temper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the girl didn't lose her temper at all. She told her mother about it and the mother suggested that the girl now pull out one nail for each day that she was able to hold her temper. The day passed and the young girl was finally able to tell her mother that all the nails were gone. The mother took her daughter by the hand and led her to the fence. She said, "You have done well, my daughter, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a person and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends are very rare jewels, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share words of praise and they always want to open their hearts to us." Show your friends how much you care. Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND, even if it means sending it back to the person who sent it to you. If it comes back to you, then you'll know you have a circle of friends. You are my friend and I am honoured. Now send this to every friend you have and to your family.
Please forgive me if I have ever left a hole in your fence.

Reply to dbb
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/19

Yes i am seeing a Shrink ,i can't leave this for her as i really want her to carry on with life. am selfish by doing this all i want is for her to be happy i know see will be sad for a while but that will go away in time .no matter how hard i try see always seems to get it from me. she has never given me a hard time about anything .

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/19

DBB,

Are you consulting with a physician while trying all these meds or are you trying it on your own?

Does she precisely know how you feel? Why don't you print out all of these postings and leave it in a place where she can see it?

My heart goes out to you...!

Reply to JM
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/19

I have bipolar disorder and the mood swings are getting worse and i take it out on her.I am trying all types of meds to see which on will work for me i have been trying for 7 months now and still nothing.yes it is worth it letting her go and carry on with life.I took her smile and laughter away which is what i first fell in love with such a bubbly person. I will love her from a distance and hope she finds a good person as she Deserves it.
i have no idea what i am going to do once she leaves,hit bottom piss it up i dont realy know

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/19

Has she ever told you that you hurt her? Perhaps you have a misconception of hurt. This girl loves you with all her heart, that is why she doesn't move out, she is clinging to the last bit of hope.

You are defnitely a brave man just to give up the love of you life like that. But is it really worth it? You are going thru hell...

You have been togethor for 7 or years? Doesn't that tell you something?

Reply to JM
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/19

I still love her with all my heart but the pain i put her through is enogh. we have spoken about her moving out she asked me if she could stay till she finds a place. She will not move in with her folks or sister for what reason i dont know. Maybe she hoping i will chang my mind put i will not i am so fed up of hurting her

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/19

Follow CS's advice, rather have a chat with her and discuss the problem. If I can recall correctly, she loves you but you feel she is better off without you?

Please quit the drinking, you are making everything worse with that. Remember you get drunk, feel happy but tomorrow the problems are still there. I know it is difficult to do but rather try and face your problems.

Reply to JM
Posted by: NM | 2004/10/19

DBB,

I take it your ex is still living with you (??) BIG MISTAKE!!! I don't think there's anything worse than watching the person you once loved with all your heart, move on. You need to think about yourself...sit her down and explain to her that it's really not a good idea for her to be "around" anymore...ask her if she maybe can't go and stay with a friend or with family. You REALLY need to move on and her being there will make it virtually impossible. This (I think) will be your first step to recovery...

Good luck and take it easy.
NM

Reply to NM
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/19

Not sure why she has not moved out she is looking for a place i did ask her to move in with her folks come 5 o clock i dont go home i go out and get pissed the booze dos ease the pain for me

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/19

Hi DBB,

Alcohol will not ease the pain. Not eating will only make u sick.

The reason why your mood goes down around 5 is because you know you have to go home and face you x-girlfriend and you are to scared to do that.

Why has she not moved out yet?

Reply to JM