Question
Posted by: lessOFme | 2004/02/05

BULIMIA

im into my fourth year of it now, and have just begun my final year of school. the stress is already significant and i dont know whats in the future of it.
my bulimia is taking over my life.
I have tried meal plans, i have been ip, ive done it all....am i just taking a wild chance asking for help from you?

tears

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Tears,

When struggling with an eating disorder- you are normally so out of control that "meal plans" will definitely not help the situation. An eating disorder is a psychological issue and you will need to go for serious intensive therapy. I am not joking - you need some serious help - you are putting youre life in danger!!!!!!

I have seen young girls struggle with eating disorders - and that have nearly died because of this behaviour.

Get help now and disclose to someone that can help you - that you have a serious problem.

Please seek help, immediately

T

8
Posted by: lessOFme | 2004/02/17

thanks all for the replies
unfortunatly im not in a position to c a doc.
BLUE.........hugs to you. where u from?
would like to chat
you can mail me at donvanwest@hotmail.com

Reply to lessOFme
Posted by: jenny | 2004/02/17

it would be very difficult -if not impossible-to fight this thing on your own. (I know) Go and see a docter on your own and tell her about your problem - its better to take pills for a few months than having to throw up all your food for the rest of your life. please go and see a docter, so that she can prescribe you something - its the only way.

Reply to jenny
Posted by: blue | 2004/02/13

I am in the exact same situation as you. I am also in my fourth year of bulimia...and I am in grade 12.
I don't know how to undo this habit either. I can not let my family know, because in the past they don't know how to handle the situation. I am only close with my mother. She does not understand at all and when she knew I was she was so dissapointed in me. So I have mastered the art of hiding it. I can not seek help because it will create too much pressure. I am trying to get over this myself...it's not working. I feel so ashamed and I am so scared of dying...I have bled a bit twice (my throught?) I found it so strange...everyone will tell me I am too thin and my mom will ask me if I vomited....and then later she tells me to pull my stomach in. It's so painfull. I don't know who to talk to or what to do either...its just comforting to know you have gone through the same situation.

Reply to blue
Posted by: jessy | 2004/02/11

I've also had bulimia 4 and it was a nigtmare. Go and see a docter so that she/he can prescribe you anti-deppresants like Nuzak. It really helps and it isnt so expensive - R250 for one month. Please go and see a docter, because you dont have to suffer like this.
Take care!

Reply to jessy
Posted by: lessOFme | 2004/02/08

i have been in therapy for the last 2 years, and all my family know of the situation.
it seems like ive hit rock bottom. there are no options

Reply to lessOFme
Posted by: lessOFme | 2004/02/08

thank you for thje replies. I am on prozac, but i cannot go to a rehab centre because its too expensive and i am in matric. i have missed so much school in the past, i have to finnish.

i have pushed my family away. i may collapse......in ...this world.........i have .....sunk into....

tears

Reply to lessOFme
Posted by: Dit | 2004/02/06

Maybe if you go IP again it will help?
Maybe this time you really WANT to recover?
It is difficult, but it will destroy you so you NEED to try getting help. How about therapy - or medication like prozac to help curb the binge in the first place??

It's a horrible situation to be in, but at least you know you ahve a problem and that you need the help.

Good Luck

You can beat this!

Reply to Dit
Posted by: Dee | 2004/02/06

lessOFme pls seek professional help.My sister went through the exact same problem and it almost destroyed all our lives!!!Pls go see a professional and go to a rehab centre!!!
I know its a terrible thing that you are going through and you are the ONLY person that can help yorself, but aknowledging you have a problem and ASKING for help.No one will judge you!!!!

Good Luck

Reply to Dee